We will not be accepting furniture donations between now and the middle of January. During this time, we’ll be collecting bicycles and sprucing them up in preparation for our Christmas giveaway, and then we’ll give our volunteers a break to enjoy the holidays. If you would like to donate furniture before then, please consider Habitat for Humanity ReStore (www.restorenova.org).
We pick up donated furniture that is clean and in good condition, store it in space made available by the Town of Vienna (map), and distribute it to people who need it. Because our clients generally live in small apartments, we are not able to accept oversize furniture pieces. More detail on items we need — and items we’re not able to accept —is shown below.
If you’d like to schedule a pickup (usually on the second or fourth Saturday of a month), please leave a message at (202) 681-5279 or email email@example.com. When you contact us, please include the address where the furniture is located; unfortunately, we can only pick up donations within our service area of Vienna, Oakton, Dunn Loring, and Merrifield, VA. Our goal — which we readily admit we don’t always reach — is to return your call or email by the next business day.
- Beds (all sizes except King) – including mattresses and springs BUT no wooden frames/headboards unaccompanied by mattress and spring
- Dressers & chests of drawers (maximum 70″ wide)
- Dining/kitchen tables & chairs
- Sofas & love seats (maximum 84″ wide) with no rips or tears in the fabric – BUT no sleep sofas, sectional sofas, or “cargo style” sofas
- Counter-top microwave ovens (but not over-the-range models)
- Bikes in working order
- Cargo-style furniture
- Coffee tables & end tables
- Living room chairs (including recliners)
- Sofa beds (“sleep sofas”) and sectional sofas
- Large cabinets, hutches, bookcases, entertainment centers
- Desks & desk chairs
- Outdoor (deck/patio) furniture
- Large electric appliances: washers/dryers/refrigerators/stoves in good working order.