Our furniture program is suspended until the health authorities tell us it’s safe to work in groups. When it is safe, our volunteers will transfer our inventory from our old warehouse to our new, much smaller, storage facility, and we will resume scheduling pickups.
If you need furniture, please phone us at 202-681-5279 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and tell us your name, address, and phone number, and what kind of furniture you need.
If you want to donate furniture, Thank you! Because our clients generally live in small apartments, we are not able to accept oversize furniture pieces. And because our storage facility is so much smaller than previously, we need to be very selective as to the furniture we’re can accept. The only items we can accept are:
- Mattress and spring sets (queen, full size, and twin sizes)
- Metal bed frames (no wooden frames, no headboards and footboards)
- Dressers & chests of drawers (no wider or higher than 50 inches)
- Dining sets (table and chairs — table no more than 50 inches)
- Kitchen sets (table and chairs — table no more than 50 inches)
- Sofas & loveseats (no more than 84 inches wide — no sleepers, sectionals, or “cargo” style)
- Counter-top microwave ovens (no over-the-range models)
- Floor lamps and table lamps (with shades)
Finally, we can accept only items that are in good condition; thus, we cannot take upholstered furniture that is stained or torn.
If you’d like to schedule a pickup (usually on the second or fourth Saturday of a month), please leave a message at (202) 681-5279 or email email@example.com. When you contact us, please include the address where the furniture is located; unfortunately, we can pick up donations only within our service area of Vienna, Oakton, Dunn Loring, and Merrifield, VA.