CHO’s operations are mainly limited to Vienna, Oakton, Dunn Loring, and Merrifield. Organizations in neighboring localities that do work similar to CHO include:
- Share, Inc, which serves McLean, Great Falls, Pimmit Hills, Tysons and surrounding areas
- Annandale Christian Community for Action (ACCA), which serves Annandale and Bailey’s Crossroads
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore, which collects donated furniture throughout Fairfax county, the proceeds from the sale of which help finance Habitat’s good works
- Shepherd’s Center of Oakton-Vienna, which provides services (including transportation and minor home repairs) to anyone age 50 or older in the local community
- Fairfax FISH, Inc., which serves the City of Fairfax and surrounding neighborhoods
- Herndon-Reston FISH, Inc., which serves . . . well, um, er . . . Herndon and Reston.
Fairfax County’s social service agency can be reached at 703-222-0880.