Our current needs are:
- 2 pound bags of white rice
- elbow macaroni
- spaghetti sauce
- cooking oil
- canned fruit and snacks
- diapers in all sizes.
Our recurring high priority needs include: 2 lb. bags of white rice, cooking oil, applesauce, all sizes of diapers, and laundry detergent.
Call 703-281- 7614 and leave a message in box 1 to schedule an appointment to drop off donations.
The CHO Clothes Closet gratefully accepts donations of clothing which are distributed free of charge to needy families in our community. There is a constant need for all types of seasonal clothing. Our current needs are:
- Women’s tops sizes small and 2X
- Women’s skirts size medium
- Women’s shorts, underwear, and bras
- Girl’s 7 – 14 and teens skirts and dresses
- Girl’s sizes 12 – 18 months, 3T, and 4T
- Girl’s socks, underwear, and accessories
- Boy’s sizes 0 – 3 months, 3 – 6 months, 6 – 12 months, 2T, and 3T
- Infant’s socks, hats, bibs, and shoes
- Men’s shirts sizes medium, XL, and 2X
- Men’s jeans and shorts size 30, 32, 34 and 36
- Teen boy’s athletic wear
- Teen boy’s shirts and pants
- Men’s and women’s athletic shoes
- Children’s shoes
We are fully into the spring/summer season now, so please hold off on winter clothes until the fall.
From the Monday after Labor Day until the Monday before Memorial Day, clothing donations are accepted Mondays, 9:30-noon at 133 Park St. NE (just across Park Street from Vienna Presbyterian Church). Outside of these hours or during the summer months, please call (703) 679 – 8966 and make an appointment to donate clothing.
The Furniture Program has an ongoing need for beds (all sizes except King), dressers and chests of drawers, sofas and love seats (but no sleep sofas or sectional sofas), dining table/chair sets, microwave ovens, rugs, lamps, baby cribs and mattresses. Pick-ups of donated furniture will resume February 14 and will continue each month on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month. To schedule a pick-up, call (202)-681-5279.
For more on the items needed (and not needed) by the Furniture Program, see this page.
Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels: Drivers are needed Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Food is picked up at VPC about 10:15; delivery takes about 1 hour. Contact George Bergquist, 703-727-5846, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. To determine current driver needs, also contact George.